Thursday, October 8, 2015

Tony Adamo & Alphonse Mouzon Talk About Jazz Radio

Alphonse Mouzon

to Jazz

I think all radio hosts should not be prejudiced by a CD or album cover or the song titles - but should listen to the music with open minds and ears. That's how you discover NEW
MUSIC by old and new artists. Miles Davis even stopped playing standards. Too many new and established artists are recording and playing Jazz STANDARDS in order to procure radio airplay. I've only recorded 3 standards by Sonny Rollins and Miles Davis on all of my releases because I composed all of my own music that represents my various music visions. Jazz Radio is not growing because it's predicated on playing mostly jazz standards to justify themselves as being a Jazz Radio. Jazz artists and Jazz Radio should be about growth and moving forward. Artists have to start believing and standining by their own compositions and stop being pressured to record standards for AirPlay. It sound be about NEW MUSIC.

I wrote this news 7/28/13/ Tony Adamo/
http://www.mi2n.com/print.php3?id=166421

No comments: