Thursday, September 12, 2019

Music Radio/Tony Adamo

Yo Musicians of Jazz, Dig the true scene of where your music goes after it has or has not been played on jazz radio. I left out the stations and DJs Email

Aug 29 at 9:46 AM

That's right, Arturo...I donate those 'supernumeraries' to my local library. I can't stand the thought that all the blood, sweat,
and financial pain that artists incur goes into a landfill someplace. Gene Abkarian KRFC

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019, at 10:35 AM Arturo Gómez wrote:
Jay wrote <<< Either way, that physical album is literally wasted... never to be used again. While I stand by my decisions, I always feel terrible that I've thrown away an artist's work. That CD could have been gone to someone else, but instead it's in my trash can. >>.

What a terrible decision-pardon my bluntness-just to trash them. Ouch!!!!
How about donating them to your local thrift shops, convalescent home or similar organization...they will be put to good use

Arturo
_._,_._,_
An artist’s reply:

What I have seen with my CDs is that the big station's announcers/program directors for which my promoters have requested multiple sends have resold my CDs via Amazon. 

I am not sure which is worse, being tossed, or having a well-funded station’s announcer/program director make money on free CDs. I wouldn’t mind so much if the funds were to go into a small station’s coffers, but it is an insult that they go to personal profit.

A minimum cost for a properly recorded project and promotion (both with excruciatingly tight purse strings) is around $20,000.

Thanks to all the hard-working, non-exploitative, radio announcers for all you do.

Regards,
Dee Bell
Lins, Lennox, & Life
Silva.Bell.Elation
Sagacious Grace
One by One
Let There Be Love
Http://deebell.net/

tony adamo

No comments: