Monday, December 25, 2017

It's more than being positive... It's my life style/Tony Adamo


https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/tony-adamo.html

It's more than being positive. It's my life style.
I'm dyslexic and colorblind. I create my art work to help me with the music I write and perform. I don't see colors as the normal person sees them. I can't tell the difference between the many shades of brown, green, blue or purple. Lavender and light blue look the same to me. At times red looks brown or brown looks red all depending on the light of the day. At night it is worse. But dig this. Night or day I have no problem with stop lights.
Having dyslexia has given me an insight which I can't explain. It's a navigation tool to turn the negative into the positive. Dyslexia has been most beneficial in writing my lyrics and performing spoken word. Sometimes while reading a book or the NY Times I'll see a word in my mind that is not the word in print. To me in some cases it turns out to be a better word than what was used in the written sentence. I'll take that one word and rework it into my lyrics and spoken word. To the people of the world who are either dyslexic or colorblind or both, don't despair. It is gift that opens up different pathways into the world of writing or the arts. Just remember, there is nothing you can't do or get done. Tony Roc Adamo..

No comments: